Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Service Gripes

Just wondering the official time that the first person complained Monday of how hot it was…the same person is likely to complain about the cold later in the week.

Anyway I’m back on an old kick today, one that won’t do me or you any real good but I will feel better. It’s about service or the lack there of in many cases and the failure of many to recognize or care what it does to impatient people like me.

Case in point…last week my wife and I visit the drive thru of a very convenient local bank. Each lane has two spots where you can do your drive-thru banking which seems like a good thing and is in most cases. However in this instance the person in the first spot (in my lane of course) not only has a long transaction but they need forms from the teller and then have to fill them out. Unless it’s something simple this needs to be the case where the person is instructed to leave the line and return because what they did was hold everyone up for what seemed like an eternity. I know that patience is a virtue but….

How about when you try and check out at a supermarket or retail store and you’re held up because of a price check for one item. You could build yourself into a rage while you wait and when the item in question turns out to be 79 cents don’t you just wonder why they didn’t give it to the customer for free….after all it’s their fault it didn’t scan correctly.

I have nothing…let me repeat northing against the US Postal Service. I’ll also be glad to pay two more cents for stamps but you need to pay a bit more attention to taking care of customers. Long lines and slow-moving representatives who seem never to be in a hurry don’t add up and are all too common. Overall the postal service does a very good job but they could be more understanding to the needs and time pressure of customers who come into their branches.

Finally to all of you who continue to pull up to the drive thru of a fast-food place with no idea what to order when all I want is something to drink….get out of my way.

No comments: