Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gutless Comments

As some of you probably know I wear many different hats at WOBM and the one which allows me to do this segment each weekday is one of my
favorites. Simply put I’m like a newspaper columnist but instead of writing my words for you to read I read them for you to hear. For the last couple of years though you can also read the Hometown View as it’s posted on a blog on our website each day…thank goodness for spell check.

That blog also allows you to comment on what it is I’m talking about and on occasion I will get feedback from listeners which I always welcome. When you do anything where you’re giving an opinion you will no doubt often tick off as many as you will satisfy. I have always looked forward to discussing issues with people and there have been occasions where my opinion was changed because of a healthy dialogue.

The nature of this business is to understand not everyone likes what you do and you certainly can’t get too upset by those who are clearly not fans. However what really ticks me off is those who take shots and refuse to give you a chance to respond and that’s what I have with a frequent critic who hides under the name “anonymous.” This gutless weasel often posts a comment on my blog and it’s almost always a criticism of the subject matter. If I do something which addresses sports in any manner he or she rips me for talking about sports. If it’s something personal then I get ripped for wasting time by talking about myself or family (I can only imagine what this is going to bring). My guess is this person knows me a little because one comment was about my lack of athletic prowess in high school which I guess means I should not have the forum to talk about sports.

Listen my ego can certainly handle this and I haven’t lost a minute’s sleep but all I want is a chance to address “anonymous” on the phone or even via an email. I’m probably not going to get that chance although certainly he or she is going to hear and or read this. So with that in mind let me make this perfectly clear…if you don’t like me or what I have to say than do what most intelligent people would…simply ignore me. Life will be better for both of us without each other.

(Webmaster's note: All comments are subject to review, however it has always been WOBM's policy not to publish unsigned comments).

2 comments:

Brian Dowd said...

Well put Kevin! I fight the same thing on my blog http://canceradvocacy.blogspot.com/

I keep it open for all to post comments but sometimes you get people who hide and do not share their name. [note: sometimes I get a good comment from “anonymous")

People should skip a blog when they do not like the subject or the person. I personally like the content so keep up the good work!

rc in tr said...

kevin, this is my first time on your web site and i just want to start by saying, how much i enjoy your home town view.it does not matter what your topic is because to me i always relate to what you say, alot of it its common sense issuess which i enjoy. you are good in what you do so keep on doing it and don't give mr. anonymus a second thought. take care. rc from tr