Friday, September 21, 2007

Nobody Asked Me But...

Nobody has asked my opinion but if they did I would tell them:

We need to push back the age in which children can get their driver’s permits in New Jersey. 16 is simply too young for them to be behind the wheel under any circumstances because our state is too congested
and many if not most of them are simply not mature enough. I don’t know what the right age is but even if we extended the permit age to 16 ½ it would seem to be a step in the right direction.

If the baseball playoffs were starting today I’d pick the Yankees with the Angels being the biggest obstacle to them claiming a 27th World Series. As for the Mets…..I can’t even talk about it.

I was captivated by the FOX TV show “Prison Break” when it began in 2005 but it’s obvious the creators never expected it to last this long. The story line is getting too bizarre and straying way off the original theme
but I’ll keep watching for a while.

DVR is the best thing to happen to television since the remote control.

If Ryan Dolan of Toms River East is not the most complete and versatile football player in Ocean County then I can’t wait to see who is.

Field Hockey coaches should make one-sheet flyers for parents explaining some of the basic rules and what it is the referees are signaling when they blow the whistle every 30 seconds.

O.J. Simpson and Brittany Spears would make a nice celebrity couple.

As much as I find local politics interesting I hate this time of year because candidates, especially those who are not holding office find fault in everything that’s happening. Even when there is no smoke they believe there has to be fire.

Just because summer ends this weekend doesn’t mean you have to dress differently if the temperatures are still in the 70’s and 80’s. For me that means no socks and who says you can’t wear white after Labor Day?

If you’re looking for a garage sale this weekend Beachwood is holding a community-wide one Saturday & Sunday. I’ll be looking to sell my garage.

No comments: