Wednesday, April 1, 2009

News From Kevin

Today is one of those bittersweet moments in which I get to announce something that is both joyful and sad at the same time. This July would have been my 30th anniversary at WOBM and while it would mean nothing to anyone else it would have had special meaning to me. I think back to when I started here and I was one of the two or three youngest persons in the building…now I’m on the other side.

However when this July comes around I will not be here which I’m sure will please those who have had enough of me for nearly three decades. Those who listen with regularity know that sports have always been and probably always will be my great passion as is my love for Penn State football.
So the opportunity to broadcast Nittany Lions football was one that I simply could not turn down especially when it came with a job working in the school’s athletic department.

So my 29 plus year tenure here will come to an end on June 1st. Today is certainly not the day to say “goodbye” but rather I wanted to just let you know as I will be around for the next couple of months. I will continue to do the Hometown View for as long as they let me and handle my other tasks as
well. But come the fall I will be in Happy Valley and I’m looking forward to it…with many reservations.

The only other thing I want to tell you right now is…….



APRIL FOOL’S!

No comments: