Thursday, April 16, 2009

An Ocean County Mover & Shaker

Let me actually start with a little clarification. Yesterday I talked about the naming of a new football coach at Brick Township High School and in one regard I may have jumped the gun. The Board of Education has taken no official action at this time although the sources who told me a decision has been made are quite reliable and that Patrick Dowling is the choice to replace the retired Warren Wolf. However I do regret if by breaking this story I have caused problems especially because I have always operated under the policy that it’s better to be late and accurate than inaccurate. My real concern is for Mr. Dowling who I have never met or spoken with. Again the Board of Education has done nothing official and their next meeting is not until the end of the month.

One of the truly best people I have ever known is Sue Sedivec, the Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ocean County. I delighted that many are discovering what I already know as recently she was named one of the Top 40 Movers and Shakers in the county by the Asbury Park Press and has received other honors as well. On Sunday, April 26th Hemingway’s in Seaside Heights will host a Hometown Heroes fundraising event in which Sue will be the honoree and all proceeds will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Ocean County. The event takes place between 3-6pm and will feature food, live music, a gift auction, door prizes and plenty of fun for a great cause and great person. For ticket information call Bib Brothers Big Sisters of Ocean County at (732) 905-5349.

No comments: