Thursday, October 8, 2009

Not That Anyone Has Asked Me But...

Monmouth University will host a debate tonight among the three candidates for the newly created position of Lt. Governor in New Jersey. I would guess about 1% of us (and I’m not among them) could name all the candidates which is probably about the same number that will watch, listen or care about the debate. The debate can be heard on our sister station New Jersey 101.5.

I’ve never had a flu shot because I always felt there was just as good a chance I’d get sick from the shot then the flu itself. However Monday I’m going to get one at the Senior Health and Lifestyle Expo we are hosting at the Ritacco Center. Another admission that I’m not as young as I used to be.

I’ve never had less interest in baseball’s post-season then I do this year.
Maybe it’s the fear of a Yankees-Phillies World Series which for me is like choosing whether you’d rather freeze or burn to death.

By the way Mets officials should take a close look at the Minnesota Twins who manage to be competitive year in and year out despite a small payroll and the fact most of their good players leave for bigger paychecks. It’s not always how much money you spend but where you spend it.

“The Good Wife” staring Julianna Margulies is the best of the new TV dramas and I also like “Mercy” and “Flash Forward.” As for comedy relief well “Modern Family” is a laugh out riot.

I don’t care who David Letterman sleeps with and neither should you.

Public schools should be a positive reflection of their community so it does not say much for those towns that have run down schools. Let me be clear….old and run down are often two different things.

Seeing and hearing about young children who are very sick hits me in the gut more than anything else….it just does not seem fair. It’s also a reminder that if your children are healthy then you’ve been blessed.

No comments: