Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Beneath The Dune

(The Hometown View will next appear on Thursday, June 23)

Walt Ramsay has been a teacher at Central Regional High School for many years
who I’ve known mainly from his time coaching multiple sports, including football and basketball. A couple of his sons were good athletes who themselves have gone on to coach including Ryan who is the head basketball coach at Manchester and Patrick who is an assistant at Central. I tell you this because I was quite surprised a week ago when I got an email from Walt telling me that his first novel had been published and he wanted to know if I would be interested in reading it. As I’ve said before my favorite hobby which I rarely have time for is reading books so I jumped at the opportunity. To be honest I had no idea Walt had an interest in writing and certainly did not know what to expect from the 226 page soft cover novel, “Beneath the Dune.” The story is set in central Florida and evolves Tucker Lee Anderson, a less than successful writer for a local newspaper who sort of stumbles on a big story that he is actually part of. It’s a mystery that has plenty of twists and turns and I have to say it’s a real page turner and an easy summer read which I basically knocked off in one day on the beach. Ramsay who lives in Pine Beach and Florida as much as he can is already working on his second novel, “Coastal Access” which will be out next year. You can visit his web site to find out where you can purchase “Beneath the Dune” at walterramsay.com.

The 2nd Annual RE/MAX Real Estate, LTD., Charity Golf Outing to support the Children’s Miracle Network/Children’s Specialized Hospitals is set for next Tuesday (June 28) at Woodlake Country Club in Lakewood. Not only will the day feature golf but there will be a gala dinner afterwards with prizes, a live band and much more. Last year’s inaugural event raised over $18,000 for Children’s Specialized Hospital in Toms River. For information you can stop in to RE/MAX Real Estate, LTD on Drum Point Road in Brick or call Dana Mauro at (732) 920-1900, ext 327.

No comments: