Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hitting The Wall

I’ve known this day would come and it’s here. As I sat down at my computer to put my thoughts into words which you look forward to and absorb and quote later in the day I realize there is nothing left to say.

For all these years I’ve done this I’ve wondered what would happen when
that morning came when my fingers had no keys to punch because my brain
could no longer deliver anything of substance.

Marathoners call it the “wall”….that time in a race in which their legs can’t go any more and everything is telling them to quit. They persevere and once past “the wall” usually go on to finish the race. I’m at that point…have said it all and realized hundreds of these segments have done nothing more than take up time. Sure I could get through today with things like:

Esquire Magazine has named actress Charlize Theron as the Sexiest Woman Alive for 2007. Previous winners were Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Biel and Angelina Jolie.

Headline in today’s Asbury Park Press….”New Jersey drinking water running out.” Goes on to say we won’t have supplies to meet what we’ll need by the year 2020. I would tell you that’s another reason to move to Florida but I think they’ll be out of water sooner.

San Diego is burning but the wildfires are not the biggest problem for some.
They’re concerned the NFL’s Chargers won’t be able to play at home this
Sunday. Might have to take their tailgate somewhere else.

Weather forecasters, including our own Alan Kasper insist the unusually warm fall weather is coming to an end. Of course none of them are in our studio this morning where the air conditioning is not working and it’s at least 95 degrees.

Raise your hand if you’re excited that the Breeders Cup is at Monmouth Park this week. Raise your hand if you know what the Breeders Cup is.

The Ocean County College Women’s soccer team beat Brookdale Tuesday to advance to the Region 19 finals on Saturday.

Time’s up…made it through another one. I’m sure you can’t wait until tomorrow

No comments: