Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adjusting To A New Schedule

Most of you probably know by now that starting next Monday I will be hosting a daily sports show which will air from 3-6pm on our Shore Sports Network made up of 1160 WOBM AM and Fox Sports Radio 1310AM. “The Locker Room” with Kevin Williams will be a show featuring high school, college and pro sports and allow listeners to call in and talk sports while also featuring guests. Our opening lineup for Monday will include
three-time state wrestling champion Scott Winston and University of Denver basketball coach Joe Scott.

As I told you in a “Hometown View” segment last week this change means I know longer get up at 2:22 in the morning and for the first time ever have been living what most would assume is a normal life. I’ve been staying up late watching college basketball, sleeping until 5:30 and yesterday went to the gym before work. I have to tell you that it’s nice to do a work-out first thing in the morning when you have plenty of energy and I’m planning on making this a regular part of my routine. Of course this also means you can’t make the excuse that you’re too tired which I’ve used on plenty of occasions over the years.

The real impact of my new schedule will be felt next week when I won’t get home until 6:30 or so. This means not being able to pick my daughter up after practice and worse yet is the thought of missing her lacrosse and field hockey games. But as well all know everything in life is a trade off and you can’t have everything. So I can’t go to the beach late on a summer day…I can start my morning there from time to time.

Just to reiterate that despite my new schedule the Hometown View…thanks to the magic of technology will remain so even through I’ve left the building…I’m still with you each morning.

No comments: