Friday, March 28, 2008

Men & Women Are Not The Same

Why is it that so many are trying to make men and women the same when it truth we are so very different? Equality in the work place is one thing but this constant attempt to merge the two into one is simply ridiculous. You’re probably saying that I feel this way because its men who have drawn the wrath of many for their exclusivity and you would be correct. What’s wrong with a men’s club and why the heck would women want to be part of it anyway?

The truth is that we have different interests and there are times when it’s more comfortable for us to be separate. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve walked into the middle of a conversation between several women in the office and as soon as I arrive the talk stops. I understand that and am perfectly fine with being excluded because I don’t want to talk about babies, shoes, what’s on sale and good looking men. Just like when I’m with a bunch of buddies talking sports, politics, beer and good looking women…it’s all guy talk.

Even the happiest couples need to have their own space and spend time with friends of the same gender. They can relate to each other because in truth most of us are thinking and going through a lot of similar experiences. This constant attempt by some to make us all the same for everything is like only have a choice of vanilla ice cream. Men and women have been and always will be different and there’s nothing wrong with that. Regardless of how you feel about our creation the fact is we are not the same…just take a good look. Somebody knew that the only way this could work would be to have two sexes so let’s leave it that way. Equality is not the issue as I want my daughter to have every opportunity afforded my son and vice versa. But let’s use some common sense here and recognize that our differences are not just about how we look and what clothes we wear but rather how we often think.

No comments: