Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday, June 29

Talk about getting your day off to a bad start. I open my office door this morning and promptly drop my 20-ounce cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee
which splatters all over everything, including my clothes. I can’t decide what was worse….having to clean up my clothes and my office or not having the coffee to drink. I mean I can smell that great aroma since it’s all over everything but I can’t taste it…it’s almost a form of torture. I also worry if this is an indication of the kind of day this is going to be. Only time will tell on that one.

Okay I will admit to being a front-runner. When the US was alive in the World Cup I was pretty interested in the soccer tournament that is held every four years. Now that we are out it just does not have the same appeal although I will glance at the TV from time to time when games are on. After watching teams like Germany and Brazil the Americans still have a long way to go to play at that level.

A bit closer to home….the Jersey Shore baseball team is just a win away from claiming the Carpenter Cup for the third time in the 25-year history of the Phillies-sponsored event. Toms River South’s Andrew McGee continued his dominant pitching to help Jersey Shore blank defending champion Burlington County 4-0 Monday at Citizens Bank Park. McGee threw 3 hitless innings and struck out 9 yesterday and for the tournament the Monmouth University-bound lefty has 17 strikeouts over 9 shutout innings. Jersey Shore will play in the championship game Wednesday afternoon at the Phillies ballpark with their opponent to be determined later today.

Meanwhile in the Carpenter Cup Softball Tournament, Jersey Shore has also advanced to the finals after beating Olympic Colonial 2-1 at Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park in Philadelphia. Jordan Weed of Toms River East pitched the final three innings to secure the victory.

No comments: