Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lunch Dilemma

I guess we all have quirks when it comes to food but I am starting to get the feeling that mine when it deals with lunch might separate me from many of my co-workers. At least a few times a week there will be discussion in the office about what to do for lunch, which we might get delivered or have someone run out to pick up. I never leave the office for lunch and often will settle for a yogurt or something small. However when the discussion centers around what to do I always respond with “you tell me where you’re going and I’ll find something.” That something though has to be cold because I simply can’t understand how anyone can eat a hot meal for lunch, especially in the summer. Things like Chinese food or soup or any kind of full meal just don’t work. As a matter of fact when it comes to soup I have a 50-degree rule…if it’s over 50 outside than soup is not coming inside. Give me a sandwich, wrap, Panini…even a salad but if it’s hot then it’s got to wait for dinner. Of course there is one exception…pizza is good 24/7.

Yesterday we got into this discussion in which I got the impression that everyone else thought I was weird because just about every food item that was brought up I rejected before I finally settled for a tuna fish sandwich. By the way part of why they all seem to think I’m wacked has to do with the fact I get up by 3am so lunch for me would be like dinner time for many. As a matter of fact some of my early-morning co-workers think nothing of eating lunch or dinner items in the AM because of their body clocks. Just does not work for me, regardless of when I get up. If you’re getting the sense this is a real “soft” topic for the day…you’re right.

Couple of totally unrelated notes:

Fresh off its District 18 championship the Holbrook Little League All-Stars scored four runs in the 6th inning and beat Nottingham 5-2 in their Section 3 Tournament opener Tuesday in Tinton Falls. Doubles by Tyler Babin and Dan Barker keyed the comeback for Holbrook, who will next play North Howell Thursday night.

Congratulations to Jim Hauenstein, who last night was named an Assistant Superintendent in the Toms River Regional School District. Hauenstein has been the principal at Toms River High School North and by all accounts has done a terrific job in the district’s largest high school. I have worked with him on several projects and he is always been very cooperative and usually the first to respond.
I’m sure he will be a great asset to Superintendent Frank Roselli in his new position.

No comments: