Friday, December 21, 2007

It's The Holiday Season

(Webmaster's note: Kevin will blog about the WOBM Christmas Classic while the games go on)

You won’t have me to kick around any more this year because this is my final segment until 2008…as a matter of fact the Hometown View is on hiatus until January 7th. I would like to tell you that I’m going on a well-deserved vacation to some exotic location but the truth is beginning Saturday I will be spending most of my time at the Ritacco Center. The WOBM Christmas Classic begins this weekend with all 16 girls’ teams playing their first-round games tomorrow and the boys doing the same on Sunday. After a couple of days off we resume on December 26th and go right through the 30th when the championship games will be played. Then it’s crash and burn for a couple of days and a feeble attempt to re-charge the worn battery.

With this being my parting shots for a couple of weeks I just wanted to take a moment and tell you what a privilege it is to be able to come into your home, car, workplace, etc. each day. Whether the subject is serious, humorous or frivolous I get to share my thoughts and feelings...like it or not.

I was going to tell you my New Year’s Resolutions but instead will wait until I return and then disclose which ones I have already broken. However I do want to share some wishes I have for 2008.

* My son graduates from Penn State in May and after a 2- week vacation begins working for a pro sports team in his chosen
field of Sports Management. Best of all he gets health benefits and
tickets for his family.

* My 16-year old daughter decides then when she graduates from high
School she too wants to attend Penn State giving her father four more
years of excuses to turn back the clock and act like an idiot at college
football games.

* My wife finally realizes that while I don’t cook or clean, can’t fix or
do anything around the house, am never home and snore loudly I do have a lot of things going for me. However I need more time to share that list.

Finally….same things I’ve wished for the last few years. The Mets win the World Series, the Rangers capture the Stanley Cup, Penn State claim college football’s national championship, the Knicks’ get sold and somebody leaves me a beach house in their will. Is that too much to ask?

Happy Holidays!

No comments: