Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kids Say The Darndest Things

There has been so much negative stuff in the news lately regarding education
and teachers that when I left this morning my wife handed me something she received in her school yesterday and said maybe this would be good time to read these. The title is “Children Are Quick” and if you remember the old Art Linkletter “Kids Say the Darndest Things” then this is similar to that.

TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America.
MARIA: Here it is.
TEACHER: Correct! Now class, who discovered America”
CLASS: Maria.

TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?
JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell “crocodile?”
GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L
TEACHER: No, that’s wrong.
GLENN: Maybe it’s wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn’t
have ten years ago.
WINNIE: Me!

TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father’s cherry
tree, but he also admitted it. Now, Louis, do you know why his
father didn’t punish him?
LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.

TEACHER: Clyde, your essay on “My Dog” is exactly the same as your
brother’s. Did you copy his?
CLYDE: No sir….it’s the same dog.

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when
people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher.

On a totally unrelated note the Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore staged another successful golf outing Monday at Pine Barrens in Jackson. With plenty of help from Honorary Chairperson State Senator Jennifer Beck, the event raised about
$65,000 to support Girl Scout programs. I MC’d the Awards Program.

No comments: