Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving Day

As you might have heard we’re undergoing a major renovation inside our Berkeley Township office building and broadcast location, which has been home to WOBM since 1968. I said “might have heard” because at times we’ve been on the air while workers were banging, hammering, sawing, etc. the past few weeks and there’s more to come. However yesterday was moving day for yours truly because after many years I’ve changed offices for logistical reasons. In some ways it was a small move as I’ve only gone 14 feet south in terms of distance but in others it’s a major adjustment. I mean for years and years I opened up the same office door each morning and today for the first time I’m in a new location.

However there’s much to like about my new digs which were previously occupied by our company President and CEO. That in itself should tell you this is an upgrade as I now have a window, TV with DVD player, my own printer and best of all a small refrigerator. Part of this is due to the fact that we’ve kept a desk in the office for when the “boss” is here so he feels comfortable. Even if I have to leave so he can use “my office” for confidential matters it’s still an upgrade from the work area I used to share with our Vice President of Engineering.

My new location gets me a bit closer to our broadcast studios and eventually our Newsroom which will be moved in the next week or so and even better there will be a brand new bathroom just outside my door…maybe that’s not such a good thing. Oh well time will tell but as the saying goes, “the only constant is change” so I will enthusiastically finish my move over the next few days. Have to try and find a place for plaques and pictures and 30 plus years of “stuff” but I think in the end I’m going to be happy. Truthfully the best part is I guess they are going to keep me around a bit longer or why bother with the move? That’s a somewhat secure feeling.

No comments: