Thursday, August 26, 2010

Grumpy Kevin Returns

So I’ve been a little bit sappy this week with segments about my daughter going off the college and my wife and I being home alone. Today I’m back to my grumpy old self. I can’t accept the following:

• Drivers who refuse to use their turn signals.
• Employees of drive-thru food and beverage places who seem bothered when you ask for napkins which they did not put in
the bag.
• People who think that the cast of “Jersey Shore” are pretty much
like most of the residents of the Jersey Shore.
• Jerry Manuel saying after another Mets loss that the team is still
in the playoff picture.
• The fact that Little League Baseball uses any form of TV replay
to overturn calls during their World Series. At that level it’s
simply absurd, especially when you consider there are six umpires
on a small field.
• The blatant disregard for Yield signs which to many drivers seem to be a reason to speed up so they don’t have to stop.
* The move “2012” which I saw for the first time the other day. Has
to be one of the worst and most unrealistic movies I have ever
watched.
• People who keep changing their profile pictures on Facebook.
Actually I just don’t know how to do it.
• The pain I’ve been experiencing in my left knee which I’m afraid
might be a real problem.
• People who are miserable all the time.
• People who are happy and smiling all the time.
• Those who feel sorry for the Toms River National Little Leaguers
because most of their summer was playing baseball. Those kids will never forget what they were part of.
• And I really can’t accept this is the final summer weekend before
Labor Day. That’s simply not fair.

No comments: