Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sometimes I sit here in the morning staring at my computer with nothing on my mind and wondering what am I going to come up with. Today is one of those days and partly due to complete exhaustion from a very trying day on Monday.

There used to be this thing that when you had nothing to talk about then talk about the weather. I won’t resort to that. Of course around here these days if you have nothing to talk about then talk about the cast of Jersey Shore or Sharks in the ocean. I won’t resort to that either….been there, done that.

I should mention that Toms River National and North Hunterdon will play tonight to determine the New Jersey State Little League champion. This after Toms River hit three home runs in the first inning on their way to an
8-4 win last night over a North Hunterdon team that was undefeated in the double-elimination tournament. Winning pitcher Jeff Ciervo helped his own cause with two home runs while Joey Rose and Anthony DeCeglie also went deep. The teams play tonight at 7pm in Hamilton Township with the winner representing New Jersey in the Mid-Atlantic Regional in Bristol, Connecticut. Five years ago the Little League on Mapletree Road had an
All-Star team that won the state title.

I could also tell you that being a Mets fan will test anyone’s patience but you probably already know that.

I did want to mention that I had a tremendous craving for ice cream last night but my wife talked me out of it. I don’t know what it is but every once in a while I have this desire for soft vanilla ice cream and I did last night.
However I chose to go to sleep instead and the craving has passed…for now.

Did I mention its Shark Week on the Discovery Channel?

That’s it for today….I’ll try for something better tomorrow.

No comments: