Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nobody has asked my opinion…but:

I was honestly happy the Jets lost last night and I don’t like the Baltimore Ravens. But I’m an old-school guy and listening to Rex Ryan and watching “Hard Knocks” makes it easy to root against the green and white. They’re not in the category of the Cowboys or even the Eagles, but the Jets are pretty easy to dislike. At least for one week the Super Bowl talk will be on hold.

I think it’s very nice and noble that convenience stores do fundraisers for
charitable organizations by asking that you donate a dollar when checking out. However you’re sort of put in a position that if you say “no” you feel like a real cheap skate but what about those who might make a couple of stops every day in the same store. If you say “I donated earlier” you know the person behind you in line is saying under their breath….”yeah right.”

Governor Chris Christie may be going too far in his pension reform plans but it’s hard to disagree that there is something wrong with a system that allows you retire with full benefits before you are 50 which is often the case with police and firemen. We all know their jobs may be dangerous but the truth working for 20 or 25 years should not entitle you to a lifetime of retirement funded by taxpayers.

Season 7 of the HBO series “Entourage” may have started slow but I thought it ended with a bang and left us wondering about Vince’s career and Ari’s marriage. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait a long time to find out. I am really looking forward to the new series “Boardwalk Empire” which debuts this Sunday on HBO.

Ocean County College President Dr. Jon Larson just might be the most eloquent speaker in Ocean County. Following him to the podium is really unfair…it would be like me modeling men’s underwear after Mark Wahlberg.

I think that’s enough for today.

No comments: