Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Invasion Of The Candidates

Consider this a plea for mercy as I can no longer take the invaders who continue to come into my home uninvited. They come at all hours of the day and I don’t know what to do about them and most importantly how to get them out of my life. You can’t go the store and buy a spray to get rid of these pests and I even called Ozane but they have no service for my problem. There is some hope however if I can make it through the next three weeks because they will not only leave my home but others as well. You see these invaders are not just coming into my home and I would imagine that most of you have a similar problem. I’m not talking about bugs or rodents but rather the constant unsolicited phone calls from political candidates with pre-recorded voice messages telling me why I should vote for them and not the other guy. So far I’ve heard from congressional candidates John Adler and John Runyan on a somewhat regular basis and I fear that as we get closer to Election Day the frequency may get greater and it could expand to other races on the county and local level. I’m begging here…please leave me alone. Please don’t make me come home and listen to this rhetoric before I can hit the “delete message” button. If you want my vote that here’s my message….whoever bothers me less over the next three weeks gets my support.
Plan and simple…I don’t care about where you stand on taxes, social security, national defense, immigration, campaign reform, term limits…any of those unimportant issues. I only care you leave me the heck alone…do that and you’re my man.

I’m hooked on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire” which is basically “The Sopranos” 70 years earlier. I even see some similarities in the characters played by Steve Buscemi and James Gandolfini. Buscemi by the way is brilliant and who could have imagined such an unattractive guy with bad teeth could play such a leading role. No question an Emmy nomination is coming his way.

No comments: